Guide to Make Cheap and Healthy Potato Chips
I think almost everybody likes potato chips. This is something that more American are Natural meal. I thought I would like to share my way to make my own potato chips. It is cheaper, little fat, more flavor, and more yummy plus you also can make it at any kind of flavor that you like to. It is healthier and also tastier because it is baked, and not deep fried. You know that baked chips are very expensive if you buy in stores, but now you can make it cheaper. Here are the guide to make Cheap and Healthy Potato Chips
- First, you can buy some potatoes. I like to use the small ones, but you may use whatever you like. Explore to get which ones you like most.
- Don't forget to wash the potatoes. Then peel them if you like to, but I prefer to leave the skin on.
- Slice those potatoes between one eighth and one sixteenth inch thick (about 2 - 6mm), use mandolin if you like. Thickness is something that you can experiment with, it's mostly preference, but it has a pretty big effect on cooking time.
- Put all of your sliced potatoes into a bowl. Add about a teaspoon of your favorite oil (I like olive oil).
- Toss the potato slices in the oil. Slowly add more oil and toss if you need to. Go with about a teaspoon at a time. Only add enough to coat, if you have oil pooling in the bottom of the bowl, you have added too much.
- Get a baking pan and cover it with aluminum foil. Spray that foil with your favorite non-stick spray. If you don't the chips will stick, and will be really hard to remove.
- Lay your oil-coated potato slices in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Heat your oven to 400 degrees (F), set the timer for twenty minutes. This isn't the total cooking time, since we will watching them to see when they are done.
- Put the potatoes into the oven and keep an eye on them. They are done when the edges start to curl up. I like mine a little more crispy, so I left mine in a little longer. It's another personal preference thing that you can play around with.
- When the chips are done, pull them out and set them aside to cool. If you want to put some seasoning on them, this is the time to do it. Most people will add a little salt, but you can get creative with your toppings. I like mine with some black pepper and Old Bay seasoning..
- Enjoy your cheap and healthy potato chips!